Sunday, December 11, 2016

Belated Thankful Post


Truly it's never too late to be thankful, yet this Thanksgiving post is finding it's way to the blog 2.5 weeks behind.

The boys and I shared a wonderful visit back home in Pittsburgh and thinking about dinner is making me wish I had a giant turkey leg once more!  Every year I'm fortunate enough to share my Dad's kitchen with my sister Julia, who is a fantastic chef.  Playing sous works fine for me, and boy did I miss her this year!  We facetimed for kitchen hello's and help when I needed pie advice from the master!  

Dinner was beautiful, tasty, Aiden entertained family with his thoughts on politics and we are still, so, so thankful.

Uncle Dennis let the boys believe all the deserts were especially for them, Aunt Nan got to read bedtime stories and the boys new bowties from Aunt Jules made them extra stylish! 




Later that weekend the family joined once more to celebrate the beautiful life of Grandma Muriel.  We had a special unveiling ceremony at the cemetery, then spent the day sharing stories, dressing in her stupendous hat collection and feeling her love all around.



We are still in birthday mode over here.  Kaleb and Aiden are now four-year-olds.  Many thanks to all friends and family who helped us celebrate today!  I'll put up another post pronto.  Promise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment