Thursday, July 9, 2015

July so far

We have moved into the second week of July, and the rain is still here.  Since the birth of Greenbrier Garden rain has fallen almost every.single.day.  The garden has been swamped and desperately needs a break.  At this point I'm not sure my rows of carrots, broccoli, lettuce, kale and spinach will actually grow.  The strawberries were delicious while we had them, yesterday we enjoyed a small handful of blackberries, and I feel the squash, zucchini and cucumbers might appear any day now.  Something is eating the pepper plants, and my herbs.  Maybe this year will just be a berry year for us.

Last week the boys and I headed to Pittsburgh to see friends and family to celebrate Independence Day.  Kaleb has the sweetest singing voice, and says "happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you" perfectly for America!  We had a fabulous lunch date with one of my very best childhood girlfriends, then introduced the boys to my hometown bakery!  We also explained the baby-in-the-belly concept to K&A for the fist time.  They were SO interested, excited and concerned all at once, and loved putting their hands up to Kristen to try and feel baby Z.E.


Our Fourth of July was busy with good and not so good action.  Toddler tornado has taken a new meaning, and I have a more watchful eye now when visiting home.  We had a visit from the paramedics in the morning and a scrambled day.  However; we all made the most of it for the kids.  Flag toast, which none ate, a couple long walks to the park, as many sparklers at we could go through and a late night firework show.



We also had a belated Father's Day celebration with my Dad at PNC Park to watch the Pirates vs Indians.  Kaleb and Aiden are hilarious yelling "LETS GO BUCS".  It was a beautiful day with lots to smile about.  K&A especially loved all the new snacks I packed for them, and the home-run fireworks!  The ball park is so beautiful, I'm really happy we all got to enjoy the game.


No comments:

Post a Comment