Friday, November 21, 2014

The Snow Belt


We were warned, by everyone familiar with Northeast Ohio, to be prepared for snow!  After 3.5 years in the bitter frozen tundra of North Dakota we saw A LOT of snow...but not like the snow belt in early November.  The climate there was so dry I'd boil pots of water on the stove to put moisture in the apartment.  The wind was always blowing and without moisture outside to pack the snow down it just blew, everywhere, trapped people inside their homes or on the highway...cause who can see with zero visibility?  Then 4 years in Texas with NO snow....ugh.  My heart ached for the fall foliage and I would feel so sad thinking about my untouched winter gear packed away in the attic.

And now.......

It's SO beautiful!!!!  I didn't expect 2 feet of snow so early on, but it's amazing.  We all have adjusting to do but we are accustomed to change these days.  I'm enjoying the time at home, cooped up watching the snow fall.  We have SO much organizing to do so the mayhem keeps us all busy.  The only problem...I've started to fill my home project plate faster than expected.  There are so many changes we'd like to make, and I wish we could accomplish everything all at once, but reality says it'll take a few years.  As much as I'd love to dig into the crazy bathrooms we have, they need new floors and vanities so badly, I think I'm going to create a mudroom instead!  I just know it's a project I can handle for an inexpensive price tag!  Then putting on snowboots and winter gear won't feel so difficult in a shallow hallway.


Plow Trucks!  I'm sure these will become a favorite this winter.

In other news it's the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I'm so excited to see my sisters, INCLUDING JESSICA ROSE!!! and other family for the holiday.  It's going to be grand!  Plus the quads are going to be together, and that's my favorite!  In two weeks the boys turn TWO, yikes.  Aiden escaped from his crib for the 2nd time this morning, so I'm trying to decide if we are converting to toddler beds.  AND, I'm really looking forward to seeing the boys expression at their birthday present.  I'm staining a small table and chairs for them as an art station.  Only a few weeks away from their party celebration too.  I'm keeping things SO basic and simple!  I had so much fun making their invitation!  Happy days ahead for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment