Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fall Family Photos


A little over a week ago we met up with a good friend of mine, who runs a fabulous photography business.  He was so gracious to "trade" family photos with us.  He took some wonderful shots of my boys and I, and I took a few of him, his new fiancé and puppy.  Thank goodness for dogs by the way.  Aiden is usually SO serious at the exact moment my fingers are crossed for big smiles.  That little westie did wonders!  All photos courtesy of Eagle Vision Photography.


I had been holding my breath every time the wind picked up, hoping the color would remain just long enough for pictures.  The golden glow is truly majestic.  Apart from weather, the actual timing was just right.  We had just spent the first two nights in our new home, and with the exception of a brutal first night, we all had a decent nights rest.  It was also the day before the movers showed up, and that's when shit really hit the fan.  There's just no other explanation for it.  Every room was piled floor to mid wall with our belongings.


We've made amazing progress organizing the past couple days and you can see the floor again!  During an exceptional long nap time this week I even got the outside of the house painted!  And although the kitchen is in ruins at the moment it'll come together in the next few days.  We have been busy reworking our cabinets, putting up some new light fixtures and the new countertop/sink get installed tomorrow morning.  We have such big, and I really mean HUGE, plans for this home, but just as I unpack/organize One.Day.At.A.Time, each project will have to wait patiently in line.

Happy almost Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment