Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ants in my Pants

Happy December everyone!  Now sing:

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
Knees and Toes

Kitchen chalkboard, showcasing 3 of my favorite things
Congratulations, you've made it to the end of the 3rd trimester with me.  Pregnant ladies: consider yourself lucky to reach your knees, even luckier to see your feet.  Reaching your toes....DREAM ON!

Last night I went to a friends house for a bonfire.  Keith found a box of sparklers, and seriously, who can resist shiny spurts of fire??????  In the middle of my twirls and swirls I got ants in my pants.  

LITERALLY!

I have a new understanding for the phrase, and now I'm stuck singing the silly little song.

The teacher tells me to be quiet
He says "sit in that chair:
He pretends he never had ants in his pants.
He acts like he don't even care
I'd like to give him all my ants
And then I'd watch him do a dance
(all the way to France!)
I'd put my ants....in his pants

Like my poor feet weren't swollen enough.  I'm covered in bites and welts, and as the song continues, I've got the itches in my britches.  Bet you thought I was just being anxious and inpatient to meet the gummies when you saw the title of this post!

Feeling BIG.  I hope this is the last photo I have to post of myself!
How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 39 plus
Maternity clothes:  Everyday
Stretch marks:  None yet...surprisingly
Sleep:  Still difficult.  This past week especially.
Best moment this week: I received an unexpected package in the mail!  Warmed my heart and made my day!
Miss Anything?  The list could go on, and on, but this is new...wearing my favorite shoes...TOMS!  Can't wait for the swelling to go away.
Movement: The gummies are running out of real estate at a rapid rate.  I don't feel them moving as much, which is a little scary, but I trust they are doing well.
Food cravings: Donuts for breakfast yesterday, and I wanted thanksgiving dinner...again.  So I spent a few happy hours cooking.  Once more the fridge is full, and so is my belly!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Pregnancy
Gender prediction:  Boy and Girl
Labor Signs:  Um, yes, but I'll spare you the details
Symptoms:  All the same symptoms as before, plus a few embarrassing ones
Belly button in or out?  Depends.  The babies are down so low sometimes my belly button goes flat again.
Happy or Moody most of the time: I was pretty moody this week.  I thought week 34 was going to be the magic week, especially with the false alarm and full moon.
Looking forward to:  Maybe meeting the gummies THIS week, and getting rid of all these crazy symptoms

Turkey Dinner Round Two!  (With Sparkling Grape Juice)

No comments:

Post a Comment