Wednesday, November 28, 2012

False Alarm

False alarms are a pain in the butt, and disappointing to say the least.  BUT, I'm going to stay positive and think happy thoughts...

Sunday night Keith and I had our first successful trial run!  Hooray.
Being a first timer is a little confusing.  Now that I've misread the "true" labor signs I think I have a better grasp of what to expect.  When all is said and done, as my girlfriend pointed out, we have a funny story to tell the gummybears about The time Mom got things a little mixed up!

Another bonus: we had our first glimpse into labor and delivery.  The room's are slightly intimidating with GIANT lighting equipment, but doctors and nurses were friendly and helpful.

I learned two important things.
#1.  We are pretty darn prepared.  Thank you to everyone who made some GREAT recommendations for my hospital bag.  I've gathered some good essentials and added little things for our next trip.  I can only hope things go as smoothly!
#2.  Keith and I are capable of remaining freakishly calm!  I didn't see that coming, at least not for me. 

While I was standing in our delivery room I regretted not taking a maternity photo.  I have contacted a couple photographers, but nothings working out.  One was in Ohio, and I canceled our session because of Sandy weather, the other here hasn't gotten back to me.  That being said, all I wanted was a little reminder of what my belly looked like at the end of the journey....without the photo being a silly snapshot in the hospital room on Keith's iPhone.

I managed a quick trip to the craft store on Monday to make a prop.  If I don't have a girl then I can use these "spare parts" to create little headbands for my niece "sprinkles".




It's not exactly what I had in mind, but it serves it's purpose.  It's hard to be the photographer and the subject, so Keith was a great assistant for this shot.  Maybe I'll use him more often! 

No comments:

Post a Comment