Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Summer is for Sunflowers

Happy last day of Summer!  

It's been a good one, we filled it with family vacation, camping, ice cream dates, swimming, a successful season of gardening, a few fairs and sunny sunflowers!

I caught word the Cleveland field of hope sunflowers was in full-bloom Labor Day weekend.  Jules and Will came to Pittsburgh for some fun, so after spending a few days with them we hurried to see the glory.  And such an amazing sight it was!

The field grows every year and raises awareness for childhood cancer.  It's a special place full of many emotions, truly a surreal sight.  Watching the boys run through the carved paths, past portraits of children who've lost their battles and families posing for portraits makes your heart ache.  I've never been so thankful for Kaleb and Aiden and the journey Keith and I experienced to bring us into parenthood.  


Arriving as late as we did, the sun disappeared in minutes.  I was pretty disappointed to have missed the golden light, but when you are surrounded by beauty it's hard not to enjoy the moment.  AJ gathered a handful of rocks and asked I take his picture: such a ham!


Just down the road the boys and I picked up some pretty mums for the front porch, and they had such a lovely little sunflower patch.  I couldn't help but snag a self-timed photo of us.  I wish these beauties lasted all summer long!


No comments:

Post a Comment