Monday, February 24, 2014

Company and Thirty

Thought it'd be nice to share some photos from when my Dad came to visit!!!  Our cold front ended just in time for us to head to the zoo and take in some sunshine.  We were so spoiled having the park to ourselves (again)….the weather was still too chilly for Texas-folk.

Watching the crazy monkeys
Papa Bear, Aiden and a giant croc!

Kman and his cars….
Spring has officially arrived this past week.  I've cleaned up my flower beds, cleared weeds, mowed the lawn and the boys and I are going to pick up some extra flowers to plant this week!


Kaleb in yellow.  A shirt I dug out of MY baby box when I found out I was pregnant.  Love seeing the boys wear it now!

This weekend we had a lovely surprise visit from our Colorado friends Kelly, Kevin and Kayla!!!  Aiden is seriously obsessed with dogs, so having Kayla around for a couple days was very exciting.  It was also fun having new faces to show off our new tricks.  Both boys are eating with forks, but Kman really has stabbing and eating off the fork down pat.  Kman gives knuckles and Aiden gives high-fives!!  It's so fun.  They understand more language everyday.  Current favorite things to talk about, find and point at are….the turtles and any object on the ceiling (lights, fans, vents, smoke detectors….this is VERY handy while changing diapers).  Speaking of diapers…I had my first successful potty adventure with Kaleb!  I try to get one boy on the potty at least once a day, and Thursday night paid off.  I never thought I'd get serious about potty training at 14 months….but it's about to happen.  We also love pointing out mama's nose, eyes, ears and belly, and roaring like lions is by far their favorite thing to "say"!


Apparently Aiden was bored on the swings...

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
Today I'm VERY excited to celebrate a new milestone!  I was treated to an hour massage, pedicure and yummy Texas BBQ for dinner.  I also came home to the most thoughtful present in the world.  I've cried twice over these….



Looking forward to all my 30's have to offer, thank you everyone for the all the love!!  It's been a truly marvelous start to a new decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment