Monday, March 25, 2013

Habits

Having a baby brings new habits.

The Good:  Washing your hands a zillion (and one) times a day
The Bad:  Sleeping with the baby
The Ugly:  Sleeping on the couch for 2 months

When Keith left at the end of January for a work assignment in Utah I started sleeping downstairs with the boys.  Up until then the boys spent the night in our room with us, sleeping in their pack'n'play.  Reflux has been a challenge, and our doctor says it's important to keep the boys in a sitting position for 30 minutes after each feeding.  In the middle of the night I'm too tired to watch the clock, anxious to catch zzzzz's myself...so it became easy putting the boys to bed in their swing and bouncer.  I kept this up for several weeks, ahhhh magic chairs...then came to the realization that as the boys get bigger I'm not going to be able to rely on these sleeping arrangements.  Now the boys are sleeping comfortably in an upright position in their twinz pillow.  


Two nights ago two things happened that forced me to break my ugly habit.  
1.  Scorpion next to the baby swing
2.  Aiden took a scary tumble in the middle of the night

Last night the boys were comfortable in their crib, all night, for the very first time!  I was a nervous wreak and awake most of the night staring at the baby monitor.  I slept in our spare bedroom (right next to the nursery) and it just didn't feel quite close enough.  It was so hard falling asleep without hearing Kaleb's sweet noises.  Keith walked into the nursery at 8am asking how we all did, where he found me cuddling Kaleb and Aiden smiling up a smile-storm in the crib.  HAHA.


My goal was to get the boys into the nursery in the 4th month...so I'm just a bit ahead of schedule. Now to get back into my bedroom.....

Kman enjoying some tummy time

Here are a few more photos of the boys visit with their Grandparents.
Many thanks for a happy visit!!


No idea why I put size newborn clothes on my Aiden.  His belly was hanging out!


Three guys on a couch watching TopGear

Happy Passover Everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment