Friday, August 24, 2012

Halfway There

First shot of the Honey Pot
Dad, Ben and I <3
I've had a busy past 3 weeks!  I had a wonderful visit from my Dad and Brother earlier this month.  The morning I took my dad to the airport, August 11, my belly seemed to p.o.p.  It was the strangest thing!  We were out of the house before sunrise and all I had to eat was a banana.  I cleaned for a bit when I got home, took a 2 hour nap and woke up to a hello-in-my-face belly.  This was when I was 18 weeks 6 days.  I'm a little slow at documenting, and didn't take a photo until a week later.  I know it's not really "in-my-face" but I officially can't button a single pair of pants!  Leggings and sweats most days.

Black Magic Cake

Has everyone heard of black magic cake??  My cravings have been chocolate, chocolate and more....chocolate!  I had my first attempt at making the cake with my brother during his visit, and it was a complete fail.  The second attempt was much better, but over flowed BIG TIME and didn't bake all the way through.  This week, finally, success!!!  MMM, MMM delicious!!!

Also this week two major developments, well three since we have twins!  First being we had our 20 week ultrasound.  Both babies are healthy and actually measuring 6 days larger than expected!  20 weeks, 20 fingers, 20 toes and 20 POUNDS!  I feel like this is A LOT, but I'm on track!  And since the gummybears are measuring larger, they are obviously getting all the nutrition they need.  As my belly grows, theirs do too!  I love the profile shots below!  The human anatomy is amazing.

Gummybears wave HELLO!
Lately I've been so impressed with the moving and shaking.  I can feel constant kicks inside and if I'm sitting still and focused I can feel them outside too.  Keith didn't understand how much these two move around until watching them fight the ultrasound technician!  It was a battle of the wits to get quite a few shots!

Two more experiences to share...  Starting a baby registry is SO overwhelming and confusing.  Thank you to everyone offering advice and sharing their past registries and notes.  A little shout out to our friend's Brit and Adam Nyitray!  Early this morning they delivered a beautiful baby boy!  I can't wait to hear how his 2 year-old first time big brother reacts to meeting him!  What a special day today has been.  And now for a questionnaire and today's photo....

20 Weeks 5 Days
How far along? 20 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: 20 pound gain (Yikes) Up to 120 now!
Maternity clothes: My regular clothes are still fine.  I use the hair-tie method on all my pants.
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: There is room for improvement.
Best moment this week: It’s a toss up.  Today we got to see the gummybears, AND we got to meet a sweet little baby born this morning.  Congrats to our friends the Nyitrays!
Miss Anything? Salami…mmmmm. 
Movement: Tons and tons.
Food cravings: Jello!  And chocolate
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet: Everyone can see the honey pot now!
Gender prediction: I still think two boys.  Keith says one boy, one girl.
Labor Signs: None
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!!!!!
Looking forward to: Visiting with baby Koen again!


No comments:

Post a Comment