Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Going Public

The hot news is finally out in the open!  3 weeks ago Keith and I met with the high-risk doctor, who cleared me for regular ob care.  Since things are going smoothly and we've moved into the 2nd trimester we decided it was "safe" to spread the word.  What better way to say we're expecting than with a photo!

Last week I was lucky to visit with an old family friend, her wonderful husband, 7 year-old son and 5 year-old triplets!  The kids were so fun to swim and talk with, and each picked out a book for the gummybear twins! 
4 books from 4 amazing kids!
Lately I've been reading some other baby-related blogs, and one girl used a cute weekly questionnaire to share her progress!  It covers all the basics, so I'll try to keep it updated as I post, which will hopefully become more frequent!
Here's how things are looking this week:

How far along? 17 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: 12 pound gain
Maternity clothes: So far I haven't needed anything new, my jeans don't fit, but it's too hot to wear jeans.
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Sleep is ok.  I wake up a few times between 3-7 to eat or use the potty.
Best moment this week: Found out some AMAZING news, but it's a secret for now!
Miss Anything? I still really miss my daily salami sandwiches!!  SO much!!
Movement: I'm a little confused at what this really feels like, sooo, my answer for now is none.
Food cravings: Fruits and chocolate.  I could eat the combination for every meal!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I think all the fruit contributes to the acid reflux everyday, but I've started taking tums which help.
Have you started to show yet: The honey pot has officially started to grow.
Gender prediction: Until last week I was convinced two girls...now I think we have two future Pittsburgh Penguins on the way!
Labor Signs: Please no!  I just watched a home labor video.  This was a mistake!
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!  Once in awhile I feel the need to cry it out, but this usually lasts just a few minutes, and is caused by something silly (like not having the right size buns for my sloppy joes)
Looking forward to: Our next sonogram appt on the 23rd!  Seeing how the gummies have advanced.

mmmmm.  Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

  

No comments:

Post a Comment