Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Holiday Weekend

Last week was a fun, busy weekend!
The boys and I headed to Pittsburgh on Friday morning so we could sing happy birthday to my Dad as soon as he walked through the front door!  To make the night extra great, we then headed to my Aunts house for a lovely Passover Seder and birthday celebration.  I made a yummy chocolate-hazelnut macaroon torte my sister found from Smitten Kitchen.  It's definitely something I'll make again, and the second attempt should be much easier.


This was Kaleb and Aiden's very first seder, and I was so thrilled how well they did.  They loved munching on matzos throughout, when they got ants in their pants Aunt Nan and Uncle D brought out some paper and crayons for them, and cousin Sophie held Aiden's hand to keep him relaxed too.  The love the cousins share is the best!  The boys were up SOO late, and despite a disagreement Kaleb had with me regarding a choo-choo nothing felt out of sorts.  Not even the next day!  I took the boys to have a picnic at the park and playground and kept things crazy relaxed.


Next up was a Easter celebration back in Ohio at their Great Grandma's house.  The boys had a blast running around eating jelly beans and loading their little baskets with plastic eggs.  They got to eat more candy than they've ever seen before and I tossed all the plastic eggs in the tub before bedtime for some extra fun.


Thank you to all family for such a wonderful holiday week, and extra birthday hugs and kisses go out to Grandpa Eddie!  We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment